From Hidden Frontier
|Star Trek: Intrepid publicity photo|
|Full Name:||Matthew Cole|
|Born:||December 5, 2347|
|Occupation:||Retired Starfleet Officer|
|Final Assignment:||Mission Operations Officer, USS Intrepid|
|Service Number:||DW 484-033|
Matthew Cole is the Mission Operations Officer on the USS Intrepid.
Early Life and Career
The Intrepid Missions
Family and Personal Life
A capable Starfleet Officer, Matt Cole resigned his commission to aid the Maquis in their struggle against the Cardassians. He was later arrested by Starfleet and spent eight months at the New Zealand Penal settlement, before being reinstated to Starfleet during the Dominion War. He was assigned to Intrepid as Mission Operations Officer during the war, and has remained aboard ever since. To date, his previous record has prevented him from rising above his current rank of Lieutenant (SG) to which he was promoted on his reinstatement, 8 years ago.
Matt Cole is a master of acquisition. Whether it's a spare power relay, or a special bottle of Chateau Picard, Cole's the man to see, an ability that has proven extremely useful during the Charybdis mission.
Matt Cole previously served aboard the Discovery with Daniel Hunter, before joining the Maquis.
"Quote coming" ("Heavy Lies the Crown")
- 2347: Matthew Cole is born.
- 2365: Enters Starfleet Academy.
- 2369: Graduates Starfleet Academy. Assigned to USS Discovery (NCC-63282) as Flight Control Officer.
- 2370: Campaigns against the treatment of Federation colonies within the Demilitarized Zone between The Federation and Cardassia. Angered by Starfleet's inaction, Cole secretly begins feeding information to the Maquis.
- 2371: Promoted to Lieutenant (JG).
- 2372: Increasingly disenchanted with Starfleet's handling of the Maquis situation, he resigns his commission. Shortly thereafter he joins a Maquis cell working out of Dorvan V, under the leadership of a childhood friend, Jurel.
- 2373: Cole narrowly escapes capture when most of his cell are wiped out by a team under the command of Gul Marek. Several weeks later, Cole is captured by Starfleet while trying to smuggle stolen arms into the DMZ. He is sentenced to four years at the Federation penal settlement in New Zealand.
- 2374: With the Dominion War going badly, and Starfleet in need of every hand they can get, many former Starfleet officers convicted for involvement in the Maquis are offered amnesty. Matthew Cole accepts, and is assigned to the USS Intrepid, as Mission Operations Officer, eventually earning a promotion to full Lieutenant.
- 2382: Resigns Starfleet commission.
- Matthew Cole is played by Steve Pasqua on Star Trek: Intrepid.
- Coming Soon