From Hidden Frontier
|Star Trek: Odyssey episode|
|Directed by||J.T. Tepnapa|
|Written by||Rob Caves|
|Produced by||Rob Caves|
|Music by||Dex Craig|
|Editing by||Rob Caves|
|Production Code||ODY 1.01|
|Original Air Date||September 2007|
|Streaming Video Link||Link|
J.T. Tepnapa as Lt. Commander Corey Aster
|Season 1 episodes|
|ODY Season 1 Page|
The battle against the Tholians has been long since over, and the Federation enjoys peace within its borders once more. But in an uninhabited section of Romulan space, a new threat is brewing. Mysterious ships from the Andromeda galaxy have begun an invasion, and seem all but completely unstoppable.
But springing forth from the vaults of the secret Grey research facility on Deep Space 12 is one last miracle to help the newly-allied Romulans. Slipstream technology has the ability to enable the newest Federation starship, the USS Odyssey to traverse millions of light years in a matter of weeks. A bold mission is put together to stop the ruthless invading forces, but will it be enough to stop the vastly superior forces?
- Ro: Two weeks there, two weeks back. Okay, so, we can be back on Risa in just over a month.
- Aster: That's not so bad. A month. And then, just us.
- [A beat.]
- Ro: What time is it?
- Aster: 1630.
- Ro: We could do it, you know.
- Aster: We've done it before.
- Ro: Computer: Habitat Level twelve.
- Stadi: Commander, we have a new problem.
- Ro: Tell me something good, Stadi.
- Stadi: We've got bad guys behind us, something scary in front of us, and, oh, warp drive could fail at any moment. How's Conner?
- Ro: Dead. I'm in command.
- Stadi: That was payback for my good news, wasn't it?
- This was the last episode to feature Bobby Rice in the role of science officer Ro Nevin.
- Lefler walks through an open doorway for the first time in series history.
- This special series premiere had an extended running time of 53 minutes, 23 seconds.
- The character T'Lorra did not exist in the series' initial development. Originally, the observing Romulan who would become first officer was to be Donatra, last seen in Star Trek: Nemesis. The character was re-conceived when the production team realized the audience need not be familiar with the character prior to the events of the pilot.
- This episode was nominated for "Best Web Production" in the 2008 SyFy Genre Awards.
- The Romulan cloaking device shown in this episode is a repurposing of the Breen cooling device seen in HF 4.06 - "Entanglement, Part 1".
|Hidden Frontier Universe Chronology|
"Its Hour Come Round At Last"
Orphans of War