From Hidden Frontier
|Hidden Frontier Universe Chronology|
|Years|| 2369 · 2370 · 2371 · 2372 · 2373 · 2374 · 2375
(Stardates 49000 - 49999)
|Decades||2340's · 2350's · 2360's · 2370's · 2380's · 2390's · 2400's|
|Centuries||23rd century · 24th century · 25th century|
The following notable events took place in 2372:
Star Trek: First Contact
- The USS Enterprise-E is launched from the San Francisco Fleet Yards on Stardate 49827.5. (Star Trek: First Contact)
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Convinced by a Changeling posing as General Martok that the Cardassian government had been infiltrated by the Founders, the Klingon Empire invades the Cardassian Union. The United Federation of Planets objects to this action, causing Chancellor Gowron to withdraw from the Khitomer Accords, ending their alliance. At the end of thet year, "General Martok" convinces Gowron to take further aggressive action, causing the Klingon Empire to annex the Archanis sector from the Federation, thereby starting an open war between the two powers. (DS9 4.01 and 4.26 - "The Way of the Warrior", "Broken Link")
- Starfleet introduces a new design for its Type-2 phasers and tricorders. (DS9 4.01 - "The Way of the Warrior")
Star Trek: Voyager
- The USS Voyager discovers a new type of dilithium which allows a shuttlecraft, piloted by Tom Paris, to achieve Warp 10 flight. However, the effects of this type of transwarp are proved detrimental to humanoid DNA, and it is abandoned. (VOY 2.15 - "Threshold")
Star Trek: Hidden Frontier
- Dr. Henglaar is transferred to the USS Devonshire under the command of Captain Ian Quincy Knapp. (HF 1.02 - "Enemy Unknown Part 2) Knapp says Henglaar had been under his command for 3 years prior to the attack by the Grey in 2375.
Star Trek: Intrepid
- Lieutenant, junior grade Daniel John Hunter is assigned to the USS Discovery as a Watch Officer.
- Lieutenant, junior grade Matthew Cole resigns his commission from Starfleet and joins a Maquis cell on Dorvan V.